Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Shrimp Noodle Bowls

One of my go-to meals is Stir Fry. Chicken, shrimp, or beef. They're easy to throw together and if you're careful, they can be fairly healthy too. Last week, I made Shrimp Noodle Bowls. For this recipe I used:
Wok oil
Onion
Red bell pepper
Shrimp
Kikkomann Green Onion and Garlic Teriyaki Sauce
Cashews
Pineapple
Stir Fry Noodles

Drizzle a small amount of wok oil into a hot wok. Add your onion and peppers. While they are cooking, peel and rinse your shrimp. When the veggies are soft and the onions are translucent, add your shrimp. Meanwhile, boil your noodles and prepare according to package directions. When the shrimp are just turning pink, add your pineapple. Then add your teriyaki sauce and cashews. Lastly, add your drained noodles and stir it altogether. Done! Easy, quick, and so yummy!

A couple of notes and hints: I didn't list amounts because it really depends on the size of your family and what you like. For this particular dinner, I used a half bell pepper and half an onion, cut into large chunks. Sometimes I cut into strips depending on my mood. I used approx 2 cups fresh pineapple. I really prefer fresh, but you could use canned as well. I used about a 1/4 cup of the sauce (I rarely measure anything, so it's a guess) and maybe 2 tbs of the cashews. I also used half the package of noodles and a pound of shrimp. You don't need to feel married to this recipe, either. Use chicken instead of shrimp. Add carrots or broccoli. It's really about making it work for you and your tastes. When I make this with chicken, I usually cook up the veggies and then take them out of the pan before adding the chicken. Then I add the veggies toward the end when I add all the other stuff to heat back through.

Sorry I don't have any pictures.  I'm still working on that part of this blog. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for letting us know this noodle with Shrimp Stir Fry. I want to cook t his one because this recipe is one of my favorite. I hope I can make it perfect. Keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete